Ball Passing (sending) and supporting.
Passing is a principle element of the game and it is said that 'If a player cannot pass the ball cannot play the game of soccer.'
What is passing?
Selection: made with the inside or outside of the foot, chest or head.
- Push-pass :- an accurate controlled pass
- Drive-pass :- accurate down across pitch with pace or speed
- Lofted-pass :- over the head of players
- Volley/ Half Volley :- clearing to advance areas
- Reverse pass
- Players will be taught how to hold their heads up (vision) and to observe situations in advance.
- Players will be made to understand 'passing' priorities and to select the appropriate pass for an appropriate situation.
Technique in passing and supporting.
- Head up and assess the situation
- Eyes on the ball
- Body position and position of the none kicking foot.
- Strike the ball correctly (ensure a clean contact)
Key Factors in ball control and supporting
- Pass selection
- Different trajectories (area of contact of the ball i.e. bottom, center or top)
- Weight and accuracy