Ball control (ball reception) in the air or on the ground.
This is the ability of the player to keep the ball within playing distance.
- Foot (inside and outside)
- To improve the technique of controlling the ball, emphasizing that the controlling part of the body should be relaxed and gauging movements of both the ball and the body.
To practice reception of low balls into your stride before making passes.
Develop ball control, progressing from the foot, thigh, chest and head on the technical line of action(the I-tech line of action).
Passes used in conjunction with other players
- Through Pass.
- Wall Pass.
- Setting Up Pass.
- To a team-mate for a shot at goal.
- Behind the defence into space for a team-mate to run onto.
- To the feet of the most advanced team-mate to shoot.
Technique in ball control
- Getting into line of flight
- Deception i.e. Feinting
- Decision of selection
- Know where your opponent(s) is/are
- Move the controlling surface of the body into the line of the oncoming ball.
- Keep head still, eyes on the ball and cushion the ball early.
- Always make an early decision for an immediate relaxed technical contact.